A healthy sponge cake. Hurrah! This is a revelation and you need very little vanilla or sweetener in this cake. Fresh strawberries are the perfect replacement for the more traditional jam. Continue reading Low carb sponge cake
Comfort food. You’ll need a tartan blanket and a log fire to get the full effect.
Low carb chocolate brownies
3g net carbs
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 16g
Saturated Fat 9g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 5g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 130g butter, melted and cooled
- 60g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 6 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 120g cream cheese
- 20g soy flour
- 7.5g Stevia
- Whisk all the ingredients together really well.
- Bake in a baking tin, buttered and lined with greaseproof paper. My tin is 17x26cm.
- Bake for 20 mins at 180 deg C.
- Cool and slice into 12.
- These freeze really well and are actually better eaten the following day. You can make them without the soy flour, but they have more the texture of a chocolate baked cheesecake.
- If you are new to low-carbing, you may prefer your brownies a bit sweeter and will need to add more Stevia. If you like really bitter chocolate, 7.5g may be enough.
Delicious Low Carb http://deliciouslowcarb.co.uk/
A buttery breakfast base. Continue reading Nutmeg pancakes