Roasted aubergines are the most divine of vegetables. This dip will rival anything you can make with chickpeas in terms of flavour and texture. Continue reading Delicious aubergine dip
I’ve discovered that this classic asparagus appetiser works equally well with tenderstem broccoli. Garlicky mayonnaise would be wonderful. Or even the Delicious Aubergine Dip.
- 200g tenderstem broccoli spears
- 100g parma ham slices
- Wrap each stem with a slice of parma ham.
- Bake in the oven for around 10 minutes at 180 deg C.
The addition of some crunchy vegetable sticks and a big dollop of mayonnaise would make for a perfect TV movie night on the sofa.
- 360g chicken breasts (2 breasts)
- 2 tbp rapeseed oil
- 30g ground almonds
- 20g grated parmesan
- 1/2 tsp jerk chicken seasoning
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 cumin
- Slice the chicken into long strips, around the size of your thumb.
- Coat liberally in the oil.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and then toss the chicken into it, making sure each strip is completely covered.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 190 deg C on a baking sheet which has been well oiled.
- Deep frying these goujons would give you a crispier coating but the ground almonds will burn quickly if you don't keep an eye on them.
These take virtually no preparation and minutes to cook. They also taste amazing.
Therefore, I pronounce these mini aubergine pizzas the perfect after-pub snack.
- 100g aubergine, sliced into four rounds
- 2 tsp pesto
- 2 sliced mushrooms
- 50g cheddar cheese
- 50g tinned anchovies
- Spread the pesto onto each slice of aubergine.
- Arrange the other ingredients on top, finishing with the cheese.
- Pop in the oven at 180 deg C for 10 mins.
Starchy vegetables make great chips. There’s no getting away from the fact that potatoes are pretty much the perfect veg for the job but for me, their carb value is just not worth it. I’ve been experimenting for some time to find a replacement and have concluded that there is no perfect swap. However, once you’ve tasted these low carb “chips,” I think you’ll agree they win hands-down on flavour. Continue reading Low carb vegetable chips
Now, shop-bought coleslaw isn’t ridiculously high in carbs, anyway. But it also tastes a bit nasty, imo! It certainly doesn’t compare with this delicious Thai dressing which is combined with really low carb vegetables to create the perfect salad. Continue reading Thai coleslaw