Creating KFC for the low carber has been a bit of a challenge. But this comes pretty close!
I generally use ground almonds in place of breadcrumbs for all sorts of things (including the Chicken Goujons) which does a great job.
So – hurrah – here is a version which is low carb (1g per chicken thigh) but is higher fat and altogether more crispy and indulgent.
Coating the chicken thighs with the parmesan spice mixture couldn’t be easier and you can add various spices to suit your taste. A little extra garlic salt or smoked paprika would work well.
My new favourite chicken dinner!
- 20g melted butter
- 3 chicken thighs, skin on
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
- 3-4 tsp jerk seasoning depending on taste
- Mix together the parmesan and jerk seasoning and put into a large bowl.
- Toss the chicken in the melted butter and then coat with the dry ingredients.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 45 minutes at 180 deg C.