A healthy sponge cake. Hurrah! This is a revelation and you need very little vanilla or sweetener in this cake. Fresh strawberries are the perfect replacement for the more traditional jam.
Low carb sponge cake
2g net carbs per slice (without filling)
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 15g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 4g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 100g ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 20g butter at room temperature
- 2 tbs double cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Beat all the ingredients together.
- Pour into a lined, greased baking tin (I use a round one 15cm in diameter.)
- Bake at 180 deg C for 20 minutes.
- Cool and serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a sliced strawberry per serving (around 1g of additional net carbs)
- You can replace the vanilla with orange essence if you prefer, or even a 5g sachet of stevia.
Delicious Low Carb http://deliciouslowcarb.co.uk/