If you have been low-carbing for even a few weeks, you will no doubt be aware of the many talents possessed by the cauliflower. A pizza crust is one of them. What it lacks in crispiness, it makes up for in tastiness. Not a bad swap in my book.
Classic cauliflower dough pizza
8g net carbs per pizza
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 345
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 39g
Saturated Fat 18g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 15g
Total Carbohydrates 12g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 140g grated cauliflower
- 15g parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs soy flour
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 beaten egg
- 1 tsp pesto
- 30g chorizo or cooked bacon, chopped
- 30g courgette, sliced thinly
- 45g cheddar cheese, grated
- Steam the grated cauliflower until soft. Cool for 5 minutes then use a clean teatowel or a piece of muslin to wring out the excess water.
- Mix with the parmesan, the soy flour, the mustard, the garlic salt and the egg.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and brush with groundnut oil.
- Use your hands to create a pizza base shape with the dough (it will be quite wet) on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 220 deg C for 10-15 minutes until slightly brown at the edges.
- Sprinkle the remaining ingredients on the top of the base and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before attempting to remove the pizza from the foil - it is more delicate than the standard wheat flour base!
Delicious Low Carb http://deliciouslowcarb.co.uk/